We’ve already done a lot of the work for you. Instead of being sandwiched in between dozens of like businesses in a directory or phone book, you’ll be the only business of your kind in our Mommy Resource Bags! Also, if you’ve chosen a package that includes social media options, we’ll put our stamp of approval on your business and talk you up. We’ll also hand pick events that will give your business a chance to shine. You’ll get a variety of events: small ones, large ones, and in between ones.
We want your business personality to be “heard” when we place you in our Mommy Resource Bags and send you right into the homes of your target market … moms. How can you accomplish that?
1. Give moms a reason to want to find out more. We’ve found that inserts that offer a discount or freebie of some sort get more attention. If you include a coupon code that works on your website, you’ll be able to track response to your marketing materials. Make your inserts interesting enough that a mom will look at them and then want to find your website, or connect with you on social media.
2. Be clear. Do not write a book about your business, just put enough information that will send moms to your website or to contact you for more. Be sure to deliver your message clearly without confusion.
3. Show that you care. Please spell check and proofread before sending your inserts to your coordinator. Misspellings and incorrect grammar immediately make your inserts look unprofessional.
4. Make Yourself Look Credible Have you ever received spam mail, or papers attached to your windshield or doorknob? Make your inserts as unlike this as possible. Sheets of paper often get disregarded. When you print out your inserts on sheets of paper, moms often view them as spam and won’t give them a second glance. We suggest using postcard, half page, or bookmark sizes to make your inserts look more artsy. If your budget allows, have your postcards printed professionally.
5. Amazing inserts do NOT have to be expensive.You can make your postcards, bookmarks, or little sample bags at home. You can also contact your local coordinator to get suggestions of printing services that will allow you to design professional, glossy, marketing materials and have them shipped right to your coordinator.
6. Keep our moms informed. If you are placing food samples in our bags, please clearly label them with ingredient information.
7. Family Friendly Only! One of the main requirements we have about inserts that go into our bags is that they be family friendly. We’d like everything inside the bag to be appropriate for the entire family – children included. Please keep this in mind when designing your inserts, and if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask your local coordinator.
8. It’s All About Branding Just like any form of marketing, we can’t guarantee sales, although that is our goal for each one of you! However, what we *can* guarantee, is that we will use our two pronged approach (inserts and social media) to allow your potential customers to remember YOU when they have a need for your product or service.
9. Don’t Be Afraid to Switch It Up If you don’t want to distribute all your inserts at once, consider distributing them seasonally. If you have a 500 insert package, why not make up 250 for the current seasonal sales you are having, and then do another insert when those are distributed? It is always great to make your inserts coincide with the season or holidays that are on the calendar.
10. Be Patient Remember that branding is the goal. Our bag recipients may not have a flood in their basement currently, but if they do, they are going to grab your magnet off of their refrigerator and call you in a hurry! Maybe they don’t have anyone to give your scented soaps to at the moment, but if they’ve connected with you on social media, they’ll purchase during your Cyber Monday Sale. Perhaps they put your free shipping coupon inside their day planner, but when they see our corporate facebook post featuring one of your products, they will grab that coupon and you’ll have a sale.
11. Use Your Package You would not believe how many clients we have that purchase packages and then do not use them! Please let us spread the word about your business – we are eager and ready to do it. If you have social media in your marketing package, make sure that you enter your information here after your purchase.
Below are some of the inserts that made US take notice, and a peek inside a few of our Mommy Resource Bags from different territories. Enjoy!